Established in 1984, CREDES consulting company, is the specialized public health division of the GINGER Group (specialized in environmental engineering). With over 30 years of experience, CREDES has consolidated a rich network of health specialists, including medical doctors and clinicians, pharmacists, lawyers, economists, and engineers, who are highly experienced in working in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. Highly mobile, these specialists are keen to provide the expertise they have gained in various countries in up-to-date health and development technologies and in the implementation of the latest research findings. They also bring forth a special "CREDES know-how" on capacity building. All of our interventions share one objective: to endow public, private, national and international institutions with the capacities to effectively steer health systems in the right direction and improve health outcomes. In order to achieve this, a particular emphasis is placed on the participation of key national and international stakeholders.
CREDES is composed of a team of 10 health professionals, regularly assisted by its network of over 3000 renowned short-term experts, that share a high level of academic training and over 10 years of professional experience. Initially consisting mainly of European (EU) experts, the pool of experts has grown to include numerous specialists from non-EU countries, including many developing countries. In recent years, CREDES has emphasized partnerships with southern consulting firms and organizations and mixed (North-South/international-regional) teams of experts.
CREDES’ expertise strengthens all functions of health systems through a cross-disciplinary approach, disease-specific strategies and programs, and inter-sectorial interventions aimed at improving the general health status. Technical assistance on all levels, from health systems and policy development, down to service delivery, is provided in the following fields:
- Pharmaceutical and drugs policy;
- HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases;
- Human resources for health;
- Health system financing;
- Public-private partnerships;
- Medical infrastructure and equipment;
- Health policy and health system management;
- Strategic planning and decentralization;
- Hospital management;
The knowledge that CREDES has acquired on the interlaced functioning of health systems has highlighted the need for an integrated approach to health problems in low and middle income countries, at different stages of the epidemiological transition.
- Technical studies on Public Policy, Human Resources for Health, Health Financing (exemptions schemes, Performance-Based Funds), sector or sub-sector analysis, epidemiological and economic surveys, in-depth analyses and recommendations;
- Need identification projects, program designs and evaluations;
- Capacity building activities, including training, management and coordination of long-term technical assistance projects and the transfer of administrative, technical and managerial skills.
CREDES’ portfolio encompasses a diverse array of projects. Our interventions span the globe, from Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Latin America and Central Europe. Through its “hands-on” experience, CREDES has been able to bring satisfaction to a variety of client countries and donors, including the French Agency for Development, the World Bank, the European Development Fund, the African Development Bank, specialised agencies of the United Nations and various bilateral or non-governmental organizations involved in health development. CREDES currently conducts projects in various fields:
Pharmaceutical and drugs policy sector
- CREDES has a long and successful track record in the area of pharmaceuticals. It has provided technical assistance to the pharmaceutical sector of numerous countries in Asia, West and Central Africa, and Europe. CREDES supports partners in reaching equitable access to essential medicines. This strategy is based on four major objectives:
- Strengthening national drug policies through support of the regulatory authorities, training programs, development of the regulatory framework and updating of the National Pharmaceutical Policy
- Improving access to essential medicines through the consolidation and improvement of the drug supply chain for essential and generic drugs, and through capacity building
- Improving the quality and reliability of drugs by reinforcing both regulatory and manufacturing institutions
- Promoting the rational use of drugs
health systems Funding and management
CREDES has gained expertise in the field of financing and management of health systems in several developing and transitioning countries. It performs national and public spending reviews and has performed studies in the areas of health insurance, mutual insurance, cost recovery and microfinance, that are recognized by multilateral actors. CREDES provides technical assistance in the implementation and management of solutions that are adapted to each country’s context.
human resources Management in health sector
To ensure access to quality care, CREDES supports projects that strengthen health systems by improving training of human resources, providing technical assistance for team management, developing dynamic systems for HR information, developing and conducting training sessions (face-to-face and distance learning), and supporting training institutions and training of trainers programs.
CREDES will use its extensive international experience in project management, to provide quality backstopping services.
Backstopping is a strategic support function that is essential for the overall success of the mission. Our Backstopping Team will be responsible for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and closure phases of the mission.
- As a result of our vast experience in project management, we have a clear understanding of the backstopping services needed for successful short-term missions. The resources required for the mission include: financial, logistic (equipment, travel), and human resources. We will ensure that these resources are mobilized swiftly and on time.
- We are also responsible for providing scientific and technical support. CREDES's headquarters team consist of:public health pharmacist, health economists, health management specialists, IT specialists, and administrative personnel who make up a prominent intellectual pool of expertise that can quickly be made available for the project.
- Furthermore, we have close working relationships with scientific and medical institutions, and public health universities, all of which can provide their technical support and know-how, if required.
- We also have a large range of technical and scientific documentation that can be provided to the field experts for technical supervision.
The Backstopping Team will use project management tools to efficiently monitor and control the quality of the activities carried out by the Key Experts. Having implemented numerous projects, CREDES has its own project implementation guides which have been constructed using the invaluable experiences accumulated during the implementation of these projects. These guides will be customized according to the needs of this mission.
CREDES has extensive proven experience in project management, and sees the key to the successful achievement of this project as a combination of:
- Responsiveness to clients’ needs;
- Professionalism and flexibility;
- Transparency in all processes;
- Effective project monitoring and reporting;
- Quality control and backstopping.
Contact us email@example.com +33 (0)1 46 94 98 81.